Featured Book by Ray Else
Fountain of Souls: An A.I. Chronicle
Who rules A.I., rules the World.
My oldest grandson Oscar graduated from high school and will be going to university in September 2018 to study music and finance. I thought he might like a trip to Europe as a kind of graduation present (with his parents helping some with the cost), so off we went, Oscar, my second oldest grandson Andrew (to keep Oscar company) and me, grandpa.
I’ll make a few comments about traveling with teens, then I will tell the rest mostly with pictures.
Travel with teens:
- they might not like what you think, so be flexible
- I took them to lovely/spooky Pere Lachaise cemetery and we got lost looking for Jim Morrison’s grave and once we’d found it, all they could think to say was: “we’re thirsty” and “we’re hungry” and “why are there panties on his grave?”)
- they like to eat a lot / they like to eat often (find a decent not expensive restaurant and eat lunch and dinner there every day if that’s what makes them happy!)
- they like to sleep late (“It’s a vacation, we’re supposed to sleep til noon”)
- they like movies
So my brief advice is to be flexible and maybe see less than you wanted to each day, maybe just one special place a day. They’ll like that better and remember each place you visited better. For example we slept late one day and and went to the marvelous Musee D’Orsay an entire afternoon – they could really appreciate these paintings. Another afternoon we visited the Picasso Museum (nice, no crowds, but interest in him seems to be dying).
And don’t forget teens like movies! It was especially hot in Paris, so we saw 3 movies in the afternoons to beat the heat:
- The Shop around the Corner (1930 with Jimmy Stewart) – they loved it!
- Jurassic World (in French, no subtitles) – they liked it
- Bagdad Cafe (30th anniversary showing with hit song from 1989 – ‘I am Calling You’) – they liked it, though the ending drags
Now on to the Paris pictures:
Now the Barcelona pictures:
Found the French and the Spaniards to be nice enough, and their countries interesting.
Categories: foreign travel, travel
I love the comments about traveling with teens! Lol Seems like a good trip! 😀